ASPIRE TO GREATNESS
THE ACADEMY HAS INSPIRED OVER 1000 YOUNG PEOPLE IN OUR ATHLETICS PROGRAM THIS YEAR
Get Involved in this action packed day that will live long in the memory! Ideal for all abilities – upcoming athletes & those entirely new to athletics pursuits. Everyone will enjoy fun, games and athletic training disciplines based on those used by the worlds best! Running, jumping & throwing with top coaches & GB athletes will leave everyone inspired, energised & invigorated! And all children can practice what they have learnt with a fun-Mini Olympics complete with medals and trophies!
For our youngest age group the emphasis is absolutely on fun and movement! They will have a thrilling time burning off energy through lots of engaging activity and plenty of running, jumping & throwing with GB athletes.
- Fun relays & games
- Running – improve technique
- Jumping – learn to jump like the athletes
- Throwing – experience discus, shot put & javelin training
- Aspiring to Greatness Workshop
- Burning energy & having a blast!
In this age group we ensure children already involved in athletics as well as complete novices are catered for and given the best professional attention by elite level athletes & coaches. They will benefit from the very latest drills & techniques involved in speed, speed endurance, agility, strength & conditioning. Mental preparation is also included in such a way that can also benefit general life.
- Pro coaches & GB athletes giving full attention and guidance
- Get the tools to improve speed, speed endurance, agility, strength & conditioning
- Learn the jumps: long jump, triple jump, high jump and even pole vault
- Learn the throws: shot put, discus & javelin. Techniques, run ups and execution
- Learn hurdles
- Mental strength and readiness for competition as well as everyday life and school events
- Nutrition advice
SIGN UP NOW!
Register for free and enter a prize draw for a limited edition signed Daley t-shirt
Find out where the next Half term Academy is by registering
A Message from Lord Coe
“Today’s children are the least active generation in history and could be the first to have a shorter life expectancy than their parents. I welcome any initiative which encourages more young people to become active. The Daley Thompson Academies offer a fantastic opportunity for young people to get fit, develop skills and to have fun within schools and local communities.”